Our world is getting smaller. Our resources are being used more aggressively than ever before. With new emerging manufacturing markets around the world, and fewer environmental controls in those markets, we all have to be more responsible in the use of our precious raw materials and more responsible in the way we discard our waste.
Recycling can have a great effect on our Earth. When we recycle, we do not consume valuable resources, nor do we exceed our landfill’s capacity.
Here are some examples of what a huge impact our recycling efforts can make:
- A 60-watt light bulb can burn over 24 hours on the amount of energy saved by recycling one pound of steel. In the United States, the recycling of steel saves enough energy to heat and light 18,000,000 homes for over one year.
- If all newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year. Manufacturing recycled paper instead of new paper, will reduce water pollution by 35% and air pollution by 70%.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours. Manufacturing recycled glass also reduces air pollution by 20% and water pollution by 70%.
- In a lifetime, the average American will throw away 600 times his or her adult weight. This means that each adult will leave a legacy of 90.000 lbs. of trash for his or her children.
- Triple A Containers, Inc. recycles as a good steward to our environment. To reinforce our efforts, we have joined forces with Ricoh and adopted the “Ricoh Zero Waste to Landfill System” into our life
Ricoh “Zero Waste to Landfill” states: REFUSE to buy anything that becomes waste.
RETURN packaging materials to suppliers.
REDUCE waste at the source.
REUSE everything possible.
RECYCLE any remaining waste streams.
For more information on certified packaging testing with PTL, please refer to the table below or contact us directly.